|First Appearance||Grand Hallway (first visit)|
|Final Appearance||Front Gate|
|Chapter(s)||1, 2, 3 & 5|
|Damage|| -1pt (by kicking/scratching)|
-2pts (by biting)
|No. of Hits Before Knock-Down||1|
Imps appear as tiny, purple, humanoid creatures with two horns on their head, two fangs, clawed hands and feet, a tail with a white, triangular end, a pot belly and two red eyes.
Imps can be encountered in groups as big as 30 or over and whenever witnessing Cooper defeat others of their kind, they will all jump in fear and shriek a high gasp all at the same time. An Imp's basic attack is a simple melee hit like a scratch or a kick which only does 1 point worth of damage. Unlike other ghoulies who buddy their melee with a combo, Imps will run around and hit in a non-repetitive fashion, hitting then running away and hitting again continuously with no knock out attack (similar to the Haunted Cloak), meaning they cannot completely defeat other Ghoulies.
By the start of the Lighthouse Lantern Room, Imps will have gained the ability of growing their head disproportionately big and jumping atop Cooper's head. They will first shake their head until it grows in the few seconds and approach Cooper, building up energy for a few more seconds before making a big leap on his head.
Once on his head, the Imp can bite him, decreasing 2 points. The Imp will continue to stay on Cooper's head for the rest of the level, until he either leaves to the door in the next room or the player shakes it off by twittling the right thumbstick. After the Imp falls off, it will become dizzy, making it vulnerable. Whenever in groups, their head-bitting attack will only be used by one while the others will use their basic melee.
Since they have such a low amount of energy, one Multi-Throw projectile can completely taken one Imp out.
- Boathouse (both visits)
- Lighthouse Lantern Room
- Scullery (second visit)
- Farmyard (both visits)
- Cloak Room (both visits)
- Housekeeping Store (first visit)
- Farmyard (first visit)
- Foundry (second visit)
- Servant's Bathroom
- Experiments Chamber
- Grand Hallway (last visit)
Bonus Challenge Encounters
Theme MusicImps have their own theme music played four times in the game. First in the first (and very every scene) visit to the Grand Hallway, second in the first visit to the Gaming Room, third in the seventeenth visit to the Grand Hallway and fourth in the first (and final) visit to the Front Gate.
- Imps appear to be a demonic variant of a Jinjo from Banjo-Kazooie.
- Imps are often the direct object of practical jokes, such as getting caught in a giant spiderweb and being frozen in the Freezer.
- Rodger the Cabin Boy is a notable Imp.
- An Imp is the only ghouly featured in the Chapter 1 title card.
- They are both the first and final ghouly encountered in the game.
- In both the E3 2003 build of the game and the demo version, a preview screen shows an Imp in the Gaming Room using it's head-bite attack on Cooper. Furthermore an early screenshot shows an Imp in the Grand Hallway using this attack, suggesting they were meant to use it from the start of the game.
- A different piece of music was intended to be used for the Imps, as evidenced by it being played in the demo when playing Poor Ol' Fiddlesworth. The music ended up being used for the gameplay reel that plays when you leave the game at the title screen.
|Imps||Imp • Fire Imp • Ninja Imp • Flying Imp|
|Haunted Objects||Haunted Chair • Haunted Television • Haunted Door • Haunted Coat • Haunted Painting|
|Mummies||Ancient Mummy • Cursed Mummy|
|Zombies||Zombie • Zombie Pirate|
|Vampires||Vampire Chicken • Vampire|
|Skeletons||Skeleton • The Reaper • Mr. Ribs|
|Critters||Spider • Worm|
|Humanoids||Ghouly Amber • Medusa • Hunchback • Jessie and Clyde • Warlock|